By Jim Dolbow
From ISRIA.com, “The July-September 2009 issue âIndian Defense Reviewâ carries a detailed article on the Eight Fundamentals of Victory or the âRajapaksa Modelâ of fighting terror by V. K. Shashikumar. These are listed as the âRajapaksa Model of fighting terrorâ and are described as:
â˘ Unwavering political will
â˘ Disregard for international opinion distracting from the goal
â˘ No negotiations with the forces of terror
â˘ Unidirectional floor of conflict information
â˘ Absence of political intervention to pull away from complete defeat of the LTTE
â˘ Complete operational freedom for the security forces -Let the best men do the task
â˘ Accent on young commanders
â˘ Keep your neighbors in the loop.”
Full article here. I am thinking about moving to Sri Lanka. Want to join me?
- Veterans Supporting Homeless Veterans
- A Defense of the Millennial Officer from an Old Guy
- Does Generation X Still Fit?
- Live on Midrats 17 August 2014: Episode 241: Personnel Policy and Leadership, with VADM Bill Moran, Chief of Naval Personnel
- The Virtue of Being a Generalist, Part 1: A Day in the Life of Sub Lieutenant Snodgrass