By Jim Dolbow
From ISRIA.com, “The July-September 2009 issue âIndian Defense Reviewâ carries a detailed article on the Eight Fundamentals of Victory or the âRajapaksa Modelâ of fighting terror by V. K. Shashikumar. These are listed as the âRajapaksa Model of fighting terrorâ and are described as:
â˘ Unwavering political will
â˘ Disregard for international opinion distracting from the goal
â˘ No negotiations with the forces of terror
â˘ Unidirectional floor of conflict information
â˘ Absence of political intervention to pull away from complete defeat of the LTTE
â˘ Complete operational freedom for the security forces -Let the best men do the task
â˘ Accent on young commanders
â˘ Keep your neighbors in the loop.”
Full article here. I am thinking about moving to Sri Lanka. Want to join me?
- Assessing the Fleet: The 2014 Navy Retention Study
- Another Look: Michael Murphy and 9/11 ‘SEAL of Honor’
- Sea Control 49: General Robert Scales on Firepower
- Backlash Against Police Militarization: Implications for the U.S. Coast Guard?
- On Midrats 24 Aug 2014- Episode 242: “Lost Opportunities: WWI and the Birth of the Modern World”