Archive for the 'DGUTS' Tag
Today’s object is the original flag bearing this famous navy saying which has inspired generations of sailors.There is no error in the title – the original flag does not include an apostrophe. The actual flag is on display in the Academy’s museum, but it looks different from the pristine blue representations of it elsewhere. This is because it in fact was not blue originally, but was covered in blue material in later years in an effort to preserve it. This knowledge was uncovered during recent conservation efforts to preserve the flag for future generations, along with many other interesting discoveries. Dr. Scott Harmon takes us through the story of heroism that inspired the flag and also helps us understand the extensive conservation effort to help preserve the flag for future generations.
- Rebuttal To “Advocating Naval Heresy” by Captain R. B. Watts, USCG (Retired) USNI PROCEEDINGS, June 2015
- The Perilous Price of Peace
- On Midrats 4 Oct 2015 – Episode 300: USS Neosho (AO-23),USS Sims (DD-409) and the Battle of the Coral Sea
- Should innovative organizations have an expiration date?
- Supported vs. Supporting and the Compromise of D1 Football