Archive for the 'Integrated Air and Missile Defense' Tag
The final deliveries of supplies and materials for the venerable E-2C Hawkeye will take place this year, thirty-six years after the baseline model reached IOC and seventeen years after the Group II’s IOC. The replacement, the E-2D Advanced Hawkeye is a major advance in capabilities available to maritime forces that is unmatched anywhere by any other platform. The deveopment process has been successful with the 125th flight milestone being passed last summer, approval for LRIP with 3 a/c ion 2008 and 2009, on track for Milestone C this spring and IOC in 2011.
So what’s the problem? They’re at it again…
- Back to Basics: Restoring the United States Merchant Marine
- On Midrats 14 Sep 14: Episode 245: “The Carrier as Capital Ship” with RADM Thomas Moore, USN, PEO CVN
- Five Enduring Lessons from Arabian Gulf Patrol Craft Operations
- Solution to the Russian Mistral’s Conundrum: NATO Flagships
- Expanding the Naval Canon: Fernando de Oliveira and the 1st Treatise on Maritime Strategy