Archive for the 'Stephen Decatur' Tag
It is relatively well-known that students at the Naval Academy are called midshipmen. But what is less-known is where that term comes from. How were officers prepared and trained prior to the founding of the Naval Academy and other, later commissioning programs like ROTC? For the month of May, we are looking at the midshipman training process at the Naval Academy, and we begin with a discussion of the origin of the term midshipman using today’s object, a dirk owned by Stephen Decatur.
- Yours, Mine, and Moscow’s: Breaking Down Russia’s Latest Arctic Claims
- Voting (Or Lack Thereof) in the Military
- On Midrats 30 Aug 2015 – Episode 295: “NATO Goes Back to Fundamentals” With Jorge Benitez
- How Running a Nuclear Reactor Is Like Running A Movie Set
- Speech: LtCol Jess Mullen, USMC – “Where Are You Going?”