A neat story if you are interested in ships that have a connection to the State of Wisconsin. I sure wish the US Navy reverted back to the way they used to name ships….
Malavika Jaganathan of the Green Bay Press Gazette writes,
The USS Green Bay — commissioned by the Navy in Long Beach, Calif., on Saturday — is the latest in a long list of ships to bear the names of Wisconsin cities, counties and tribes.
Full article and a list of ships that have had ties to the state of Wisconsin can be found here.
- On Midrats 21 August Episode 346: “The Farsi Island Incident – Is the Navy a Learning Institution?”
- Red Pill or Blue Pill in Syria & Iraq?
- American Billy Fiske — One of the Few
- On Midrats 14 August 2016 – Episode 345: Fisheries as a Strategic Maritime Resource
- Towards a Post-R2P, Post-Nation Building Counter Terrorism Policy