I discuss the Coast Guard’s ongoing role in contributing to the broader efforts to halt piracy over on iCommandant:
Piracy has been rightfully called an insult to civilization. The recent pirate attacks on the motor vessels MAERSK ALABAMA and LIBERTY SUN focused the attention of the American public on what has been an increasingly significant international issue. It is important that the American public and the international community know that the U.S. Government is working hard to find an enduring international solution to this international problem. Read More
Additional information on combating piracy:
Coast Guard’s history combating piracy — Fighting pirates since 1793
The Coast Guard’s role in international piracy incidents
The DOG’s perspective. — Interview with RDML Tom Atkin by PA1 Adam Eggers
We will keep you posted…
- On Midrats 28 August 2016 – Epsiode 347: Baltic Security with Bruce Acker and Dan Lynch
- The Next Card From the Migration Deck?
- On Midrats 21 August Episode 346: “The Farsi Island Incident – Is the Navy a Learning Institution?”
- Red Pill or Blue Pill in Syria & Iraq?
- American Billy Fiske — One of the Few