Tags: CP 09
Busy day on COMFORT. I reported onboard COMFORT @1100 after an hour-long ferry ride from the local pier. The COMFORT is anchored off of St. John’s given its ’33 draft. On the way to the pier, my taxi driver said “Thank you to COMFORT for what you are doing.” He also asked if the COMFORT could come back next year!
After arriving onboard COMFORT, I checked in with admin, got my rack in officer over-flow berthing, and then went to lunch. (Food is pretty good on COMFORT). Saw my first surgery (more on that later) and have walked what seems miles onboard this converted oil tanker.
Tomorrow, I am going to the Multi-Cultural Center and Thursday I am going to spend the day with the Seabees who are doing a community relations project.
My sincere thanks to everyone involved for making this visit happen especially the PAO shop who had to deal with my luggage being delayed on two separate occasions with two different airlines…
P.S. Happy Nurses Week!
- Moving the Influence Squadrons from Sea to Air
- A Polite Rozhestvenski Whisper to the Trump Transition Team
- On Midrats 8 Jan 2017 – Episode 366: Is it Time for a General Staff?
- “Ameri-Straya”: The Story of the People Behind the U.S.-Australian Partnership In Electronic Warfare
- There Are Bad Ideas and Then There is This Bad Idea