May he and his family find peace.
The Department of Defense says the remains of Captain Michael “Scott” Speicher have been found.The Jacksonville resident was the first American lost in the 1991 Persian Gulf War.
Acting on a tip they received in early July, DOD officials found a place in the Iraqi desert they believed to be Speicher’s crash site.
That is where they found the remains.
“Our thoughts and prayers are with Captain Speicher’s family for the ultimate sacrifice he made for his country,” said Secretary of the Navy Ray Mabus. “I am extremely grateful to all those who have worked so tirelessly over the past 19 years to bring Captain Speicher home.”
Hat tip LT B.
- On Midrats 21 August Episode 346: “The Farsi Island Incident – Is the Navy a Learning Institution?”
- Red Pill or Blue Pill in Syria & Iraq?
- American Billy Fiske — One of the Few
- On Midrats 14 August 2016 – Episode 345: Fisheries as a Strategic Maritime Resource
- Towards a Post-R2P, Post-Nation Building Counter Terrorism Policy