That is how much time elapsed from the time the earthquake struck Haiti at 1653 hours on 12 January until the USNS COMFORT departed Baltimore enroute to Haiti on 16 January 2010 @0900.
No small feat.
The COMFORT went from a skeleton crew in a reduced operating status to a full complement embarked a no-notice deployment that could last 6+ plus months. Moreover, from the time the activation order is given the ship had five days to deploy but did it in three days!!
God Speed the men and women of TEAM COMFORT and their inter-agency, international, and NGO partners!
- On Midrats 21 August Episode 346: “The Farsi Island Incident – Is the Navy a Learning Institution?”
- Red Pill or Blue Pill in Syria & Iraq?
- American Billy Fiske — One of the Few
- On Midrats 14 August 2016 – Episode 345: Fisheries as a Strategic Maritime Resource
- Towards a Post-R2P, Post-Nation Building Counter Terrorism Policy