By Jim Dolbow
Thought this might be of interest since some of you have expressed interesting in volunteering your medical expertise. From Mercyships’ Blog:
Thank you so much for your interest in helping with the relief efforts in Haiti. Like you, we have been watching the news and devastation following the tragic earthquake trying to wrap our minds around the reports of thousands dead and many missing in the aftermath of Haiti’s crisis and wanting to help in the best way we can.
Mercy Ships is not a first response agency, we are better suited to be involved in the reconstruction and redevelopment which takes place two weeks to two years after a disaster. With this in mind, Mercy Ships is in contact with our partners on the ground in Port-au-Prince to determine what their needs are and once we know that and are confident that logistics are in place to accommodate teams, we will be looking to send in teams to help.
In the meantime we are collecting names and contact information of potential volunteers. Once we get your contact information, we will send you an application. Please take time to complete this as soon as possible and we will be in touch regarding the next step.
To sign up as a volunteer, click here.
Thanks again for your help.
Let’s continue to pray for Haiti.
Good luck and God Speed.
- A Polite Rozhestvenski Whisper to the Trump Transition Team
- On Midrats 8 Jan 2017 – Episode 366: Is it Time for a General Staff?
- “Ameri-Straya”: The Story of the People Behind the U.S.-Australian Partnership In Electronic Warfare
- There Are Bad Ideas and Then There is This Bad Idea
- Missile Gap? Warhead Gap? No. Try Strategic Spending Gap