Yes, the French fleet!
No, it was more of a skirmish at sea, but . . .
230 years ago. Off the Virgina Capes.
Maybe the most important sea action in our history?
Read about it at “The Pivot Upon Which Everything Turned”.
Or my humble offering here.
Oh, that quote in the title? From A History of Sea Power.
- On Midrats 19 Feb 2017 -Episode 372: Andrew Jackson’s Navy; Now More Than Ever?
- SECDEF Mattis to NATO: Sober Up
- On Midrats 12 Feb 2017 – Episode 371: Rice Bowls, Silos, & Firewalls – the National Security Bureaucracy
- China Sees Our 350, and Throws Another 150 on Top
- On Midrats 5 Feb 2017 – Episode 370: The SECNAV’s In Basket With James Holmes