Ships, aircraft, personnel numbers, and programs are interesting – but without context they are just expenditures.
The foundation question should always be; what are our national security requirements, and what is our strategy to meet them?
From Political to Strategic to Operational to Tactical – today’s Midrats will focus on the top two.
The Pacific Pivot, Air-Sea Battle, AFPAK, the “Arab Spring” and in an election year, various squabbles on the Potomac – the large pixels are moving.
Our guest for the full hour will be Dr. Robert Farley, assistant professor at the Patterson School of Diplomacy and International Commerce at the University of Kentucky. He blogs about security and maritime issues at Information Dissemination and Lawyers, Guns and Money.
- Is it too late for a LCS training time out?
- On Midrats 28 August 2016 – Epsiode 347: Baltic Security with Bruce Acker and Dan Lynch
- The Next Card From the Migration Deck?
- On Midrats 21 August Episode 346: “The Farsi Island Incident – Is the Navy a Learning Institution?”
- Red Pill or Blue Pill in Syria & Iraq?