Archive for the 'HMS Confiance' Tag
This cannon was taken from HMS Confiance after the Battle of Plattsburg in 1814. Clearly visible on the muzzle is the indentation from when the gun was struck by an American cannonball, sending the cannon crashing into George Downie, the commander of the British naval forces, killing him instantly. The Americans went on to defeat the British forces, bolstering American morale and helping to bring about the final end of the War of 1812.
- On Midrats 28 August 2016 – Epsiode 347: Baltic Security with Bruce Acker and Dan Lynch
- The Next Card From the Migration Deck?
- On Midrats 21 August Episode 346: “The Farsi Island Incident – Is the Navy a Learning Institution?”
- Red Pill or Blue Pill in Syria & Iraq?
- American Billy Fiske — One of the Few