Tags: CP 09
By Jim Dolbow
COMFORT departed St. John’s Antigua today for some well deserved liberty. Some highlights of their 5 May to 16 May 2009 visit include:
40,000+ patient encounters with 12,000+ patients (approximately 15 percent of the entire population of Antigua and Barbuda.
5000+ eye exams
3500+ dental exams/cleanings/extractions
1000+ veterinary visits
113 pieces of medical equipment repaired at local hospitals
8,913 prescriptions filled
Numerous outstanding performances by the Air Force South Band
The extensive remodeling of the women’s barracaks at a local hospital.
My friends, this was just a sampling of the good work done by the many angels onboard COMFORT.
Antigua and Barbuda was the third nation on COMFORT’s 7-country CONTINUING PROMISE ’09 deployment.
- On Midrats 19 Feb 2017 -Episode 372: Andrew Jackson’s Navy; Now More Than Ever?
- SECDEF Mattis to NATO: Sober Up
- On Midrats 12 Feb 2017 – Episode 371: Rice Bowls, Silos, & Firewalls – the National Security Bureaucracy
- China Sees Our 350, and Throws Another 150 on Top
- On Midrats 5 Feb 2017 – Episode 370: The SECNAV’s In Basket With James Holmes