Want to honor the memories of those who were killed nine years ago? Want to honor the service of those of us who wear the uniform today?
Do something that celebrates your freedom. I cannot be emphatic enough about that.
When you walk down the street, look at any person walking around. Think to yourself that you do not have to worry about that person having explosives strapped to themselves. When you get mad at whatever side of government makes you mad; be glad that those politicians do not use religion to coerce public favor. When you watch TV, be glad that the most the President of the United States–the most powerful man in the world–can do against someone who wants to build a mosque or burn a Koran is ask them not to do so. The biggest thing, is be glad that you, at the very least, feel like you can achieve something beyond a subsistence existence, that with your own hands and determination you can become anything you wish to be.
There is no single better way to honor the memory of those we’ve lost than to be as free as you can–celebrate it, revel in it. There is no single greater threat to our enemies.
It is for this that I will gladly lay down my life, and for the very same reason that we cannot lose this long war.
Every moment I spend away from American I understand better just how amazing it is. Not just the land or the people, but the ideas it is founded upon.
- On Midrats 19 Feb 2017 -Episode 372: Andrew Jackson’s Navy; Now More Than Ever?
- SECDEF Mattis to NATO: Sober Up
- On Midrats 12 Feb 2017 – Episode 371: Rice Bowls, Silos, & Firewalls – the National Security Bureaucracy
- China Sees Our 350, and Throws Another 150 on Top
- On Midrats 5 Feb 2017 – Episode 370: The SECNAV’s In Basket With James Holmes